Monday, February 25, 2008

Getting Started...

Well, better late than never... thought it would be a good idea to start a diary of my work on the 1949 Buick Super. I'm almost embarassed to say how long I've had this car, but LOTS of things got in the way of my working on it, not the least of which were health related "issues". A couple knee surgeries, then a new knee, a pacemaker, then a better pacemaker, a broken neck immediately followed by a broken hip, but I'm still plugging along and progress is being made.

2 comments:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Duke!

Congratulations on your blog! Joyce did a great job putting it together! You will have fun with it. Hey, you are parked in front of the Apple House! I have been there and love their food! We need to come up and have breakfast with the two of you! Oh my heavens, I have not heard the Purple People Eater for YEARS! Great choice of songs!

Take care my friend!
Maryjane

The Vintage Housewife... said...

HELLO DUKE...I'M CAT A NEW SISTER #997...I LOVE YOUR CAR...MY ROCKEN' DADDY-O LOVES VINTAGE CARS AT THIS TIME WE HAVE TWO...A 53 FORD CUSTOM AND A 63 T-BIRD...BUT OOOOOH WE WANT A 49...ANYTHING...WE LOVE THAT YEAR IN CARS...I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL DADDY-O ABOUT YOUR MAN-LY BLOG...HE WILL LOVE TO CHECK OUT THE PROGRESS ON YOUR ROCKEN' CAR!!!! I KNOW WE WILL BE BACK BY...GOOD LUCK WITH THE BEAUTIFUL 49...CAT